Thursday 15 November 2012

MK1 Scarecrow - Batman: Arkham Asylum Costume


This is my most recent work, Scarecrow from the Batman video game. I have called my version of this the 'MK1'.

It took just over a month from concept to completion and it was a lot of fun making this piece. The materials for making the mask were quite simple : Paper mache, fabric, cotton wool, nails, tin and paint. Its rock solid and sits quite comfortably on the face. The longest part of this whole costume was the amount of sewing it took for the cowl and trousers (latter not pictured).

I think it resembles the character quite well but for me - It wasn't accurate enough to be classed as a replica. This is why this is a personal piece which I have displayed at home and I am beginning to make a MK2 version.

I am making the MK2 with the intention of it being for sale on eBay.

What will be different about the MK2?

  • Mask and Cowl only for wear or display
  • Will come with a male bust so you can display
  • Yellow LEDs in the busts eyes (not yet decided but its a possibility)
  • More accuracy to the in game character
  • Be made of higher quality materials
  • Basically...a Replica.

Anyway, keep watching my blog as you will see the progress of the MK2 which will begin this weekend. Thanks for reading.

Jack.


2 comments:

  1. Would you be willing to sell the MK1? If so, for how much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks for your comment. The mk1 was more of a prototype so its a little rough around the edges although alot of people really liked that about it. I no longer have the cowl or arm as they were both sold with the mk2. I do however still have the exciting part...the mask itself. Which i am happy to sell. Email me directly pemboprops@gmail.com and we can discuss a figure. Thanks. Jack

    ReplyDelete